ARTICLE V – FISCAL YEAR
The fiscal year shall commence on the first day of May and end on the thirtieth day of April in the next calendar year.
ARTICLE VI – CONGREGATIONAL MEETINGS
- The Annual Meeting of the Church shall be held in the month of May, at such time and place as the Board of Trustees shall designate. The business of this meeting shall include the election of officers and those committee members described herein as elected; the presentation of annual reports from the Standing Committees; the adoption of the budget; and the transaction of such other business as may properly come before it.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Board of Trustees to call special meetings of the congregation as they deem it necessary or desirable. Special meetings shall also be called if ten Active Members of the Church submit to the Minister or to the Board of Trustees a written request, specifying the purpose for such a meeting.
- Notice of the time, place and object of every meeting shall be given from the desk at the time of public worship on each Sunday between the date of the call of the meeting and the date of the meeting itself (if worship services are held on such Sunday or Sundays), and by written notice sent at least seven calendar days before the date of the meeting to every Active Member at his or her last known address.
- The Board of Trustees shall place upon the agenda and insert in the notice of any meeting any matter which ten of the Active Members shall request in writing.
- Nothing shall be acted upon at any meeting unless the subject matter thereof was inserted in the notice of said meeting.
- Twenty percent of the Active Members of the Church shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
- Congregational decisions shall be made by a majority of those active members present and voting at a congregational meeting, except as otherwise required legally or by these bylaws.
- No member shall be allowed to vote by proxy at any meeting of the Church; provided however, that whenever a specified percentage of all members is required by law for any given action, a member may vote in person or by proxy. In such event the solicitation of a proxy must be preceded or accompanied by a written statement of the proposed action to which the proxy relates and an executed proxy must not be dated prior to the date of such statement. If a member submits more than one proxy, the one bearing the latest date shall prevail.